Other Resources

Fair Housing

Find Housing & Rental Help

Emergency Assistance

Due to the high demand for all types of housing assistance in Otsego County, ORHA is not necessarily able to provide assistance immediately. These other organizations may be able to help you until we can.

Other Housing Help
Affordable Housing Projects

These properties all have their own eligibility criteria and waiting lists. Some of them provide their own rental assistance that cannot be used with Section 8 vouchers, while others can be combined with Section 8.

Catholic Charities also operates three SROs (single room occupancies) in Oneonta, which provide small private rooms for individuals with shared living space. They can be reached at (607) 436-9250.

Help for Homeowners

Property Taxes

If you are having trouble paying your property taxes, you may be able to set up a payment plan with the Otsego County Treasurer’s Office, but you must do so before October 31st. Contact them for more information.

Tenants' Rights