Help a Neighbor

Support Our Work

While we receive most of our funding from various federal, state, and county grant programs, we must competitively apply for these funds. These grant programs all come with their own strict requirements, and the amount of funding available changes with the political and budgetary winds.

Private donations can fill gaps and give us the flexibility to help folks who don’t fit neatly into any of the grant programs’ eligibility requirements. When you give to ORHA, you invest in your neighbors.

The need for housing assistance in Otsego County is great.

You can help.

Donate Today

Ways to Give

Your gift directly support our efforts to help Otsego County residents afford a safe, decent place to live. Whether we’re helping a family afford rent or installing an accessible shower for a senior citizen, ORHA’s work makes a big, tangible difference in people’s lives.


You can make a one-time donation or set up a monthly donation to ORHA with PayPal.

Why give monthly?

  • Setting up a monthly donation lets you make a bigger impact without breaking your budget.
  • Automatic monthly donations let you be as generous as you’d like to be without adding another line to your to-do list every month.
  • Recurring donations create a reliable stream of income for ORHA, allowing us to make better choices about what and when we spend.


If you’re more comfortable with check or cash, you can mail your donation to the following address:

Otsego Rural Housing Assistance, Inc.
P.O. Box 189
Milford, NY 13807

If you would like your donation to be in honor of someone, please include a letter letting us know.

Other Ways to Give

Events & Fundraisers

Are you interested in volunteering your time and energy to fundraise for ORHA? We would be more than happy to talk to you about your ideas!

Employer Matching

Some workplaces will “match” your donation to a non-profit by making the same donation to the same organization. It’s one way you can make a bigger impact with no extra cost to you. Talk to your employer to find out if they have a matching gift program and how you can sign up.

In-Kind Giving

If you have skills or resources relevant to our mission, we welcome the opportunity to speak with you about how you can help ORHA. Gifts helpful to ORHA might include marketing services, good-quality modular ramps, or office supplies and equipment.